How NeoGraft transplantation works
Here’s what you can expect during a NeoGraft procedure:
- 1. Your surgeon will shave either your entire head or the section of scalp from which hair follicles will be donated.
- 2. They will then apply a local anesthetic to your scalp. They may offer you a mild sedative to help you relax during the procedure.
- 3. They will then extract your hair follicles with a special wand that uses pneumonic pressure.
- 4. The surgeon will then implant the hair follicles to the balding parts of your scalp using a specialized tool.
- 5. The surgeon may apply a dressing to the donor site and the implantation site to help manage bleeding.
Who needs a NeoGraft procedure?
Even though there isn’t any medical benefit to hair transplantation surgery, it may help you feel more confident about your appearance if you’re self-conscious about your hairline.
Hair transplantation surgeries generally work best for people with androgenic alopeciaTrusted Source, also known as male or female pattern hair loss. Candidates for hair transplantation typically:
- • are free of conditions that may affect surgery, such as high blood pressure, unmanaged diabetes, and conditions that affect blood clotting
- • are older than 25 years old
- • have thick hair fibers
- • have hair loss along the hairline
- • have a hair color close to their skin color
- • have hair loss that isn’t caused by stress or medication
NeoGraft vs. FUT and FUE hair transplants
NeoGraft, FUT, and FUE follow similar procedures, and all three can provide you with aesthetically pleasing results. During FUT surgery, a surgeon will cut a strip of hair from the back or side of your head before removing individual hair follicles.
This surgery is generally cheaper than FUE and NeoGraft, but it leaves a linear scar at the donation site. The scar may be noticeable if you wear your hair short.
FUE and the NeoGraft follow the same procedure, except NeoGraft is semi-automated. During traditional FUE, a surgeon manually removes and hair follicles.
During NeoGraft surgery, hair follicles are harvested using suction instead of manual extraction and implanted using a specialized tool that controls the depth of insertion.
NeoGraft is less invasive than FUT and traditional FUE surgery since the automated system controls the depth of incisions. According to Venus Treatments, the implants should heal within about a week and most people return to their usual routine within 2 weeks. Many people return to their jobs days after the surgery. Your surgeon can give you specific expectations and recommendations about how to take care of your grafts post-surgery.
Hair Loss Treatments for Women in Bay Area, Hair Restoration for Women in Bay Area, Hair Restoration for Women in Palo Alto, Hair Restoration for Women in California, Hair Loss Treatments for Women in California, Hair Transplant for Women in California, Hair treatments for Women in California
To schedule your hair transplant consult with Drs. Lieberman & Parikh, please call our office at (650) 327-3232 or drop us a note here.